Is buying a home your goal for the new year? If you’re nodding your head yes, you’ll want to be ready to go, don’t delay and take these steps today.
- Talk to the Matt Engen Group. Because we have a strong understanding of the local housing market and can often help provide referrals or direction if you’re not sure what to do.
- Consult a Lender. This is an important step and the quicker you do this the easier it will to plan and prepare your budget for the new year. Your lender will help you answer questions like; How much will I need for a down payment? What are closing costs? How much will my monthly payments be? And then you can decide if they’re inline with your 2018 goals.
- Decide where you want to live. Visit the neighborhoods you’re considering, walk the streets and visit the local establishments. Plan your commute to work and actually drive it, during rush hour. And if you have kids you’ll want to check out the neighborhood schools.
- Start looking at homes online. And I’m not talking about the popular Real Estate sites like Zillow or Trulia. Have our team set up an MLS search, this is a great way to get an idea of what is available in the neighborhoods you’ve selected in your price range. MLS is the most up to date and accurate information you can find.
- Finally, consider starting sooner than later. You’ll have less competition and more ability to negotiate.
Buying your first home is exciting, and we believe it’s a good decision but there’s a lot to think about before you start looking so it’s a good thing we’re here to help. If you’re ready to get started or just have a few questions contact our team we’re happy to help.
#mattengengroup #REALTORS #buyingahome #newhomegoals #2018