Updating your home can seem like a big undertaking, especially if it’s been awhile. But it doesn’t have to be overwhelming and it doesn’t have to break the bank.
If you’re thinking about refreshing your home, these 5 easy updates will go a long way.
- Paint. A Fresh coat of paint will make the room feel clean and give it a whole new feel. Consider what each room is used for and if you’re having problems picking out a color, head to Pinterest or Instagram for inspiration. Gray and white walls remain popular with todays home buyers.
- Buy some new pillows. They’re an easy way to add a pop of seasonal color or pattern to a room.
- Bring in some plants. A personal favorite of mine. Like pillows they’re an easy way to update and add some interest and contrast to a room. And their popularity has exploded in recent years making them a very easy way to stay on trend.
- Purchase new window treatments or simply remove what you have and let the view speak for itself.
- Shop your home. Move the rug from the family room to the living room or vice versa. Repurpose everyday items, use a stack of books as an end table or an old map as wall decor. Get creative with what you have.
#home #refreshyourhome #mattengengroup #realestateblog