If you follow us on Instagram it’s no secret, I have a thing for pretty houses, some would say I’m obsessed. Good thing Minneapolis has a lot of pretty houses to keep happy. Here are a few of my current faves.
Category Archives: Matt Engen Group
It’s no secret, we love to eat out. We also love to support the small businesses in our neighborhood. So I’m working our way through Southwest Minneapolis sharing our go to spots in each neighborhood. If you remember from my previous posts there are 9 different neighborhoods that make up Southwest Minneapolis. I started with our favorite Kingfield restaurants mostly because there are so many. But today I thought it was time to share our favorite Lynnhurst neighborhood restaurants. It’s a smaller list compared to Kingfield but I think you’ll agree, they’re both awesome.
Let’s start with George and the Dragon, this is our go to family neighborhood spot. Seriously we can’t go here without running in to at least a few people we know. It’s cozy and warm just like the staff and the food. The Ultimate Burger and the Asian Hangover are family favorites. Just be sure to call ahead because as I mentioned this really is a Lynnhurst neighborhood favorite and it fills up fast.
Next up is Terzo. Matt and I don’t typically bring the kids here mostly because we like to order a bottle of wine and sit at the bar. But we love it for some of the same reasons we love George and the Dragon. It’s cozy and warm and the staff is friendly and the food is so fantastic. Your dining experience always starts with a small bite, it’s a little bite of something spectacular on a spoon and I love it. It makes us happy and sets the tone for a wonderful dining experience.
- All the pretty houses. Tudors happen to be our favorite but there are so many amazing and different styles of homes in Southwest Minneapolis.
- The food scene here is amazing. Seriously it’s so good. We’re so lucky to have had multiple James Beard winners open restaurants in our neighborhoods.
- The cute shops. Looking for a unique pieces, something you just can’t find at Target, from Vintage to Modern there’s a store for you.
- Minnehaha Creek. Walk, run, bike or simply sit and enjoy the beautiful views. The Creek runs through the majority of the Southwest Minneapolis neighborhoods and brings much needed recreation and enjoyment for all ages.
- The Lakes; Nokomis, Harriet, Bde Maka Ska, Isles and Cedar. Each and every one is pretty awesome and unique in their own way. Enjoy a day at the beach, get some exercise, enjoy a concert or grab a quick bite to eat. The options are endless.
- The Rose and Peace Gardens. These gardens are so pretty. We love to wander around and look at all the pretty flowers but it’s also a great place to have a picnic or read a book. Just don’t forget your camera.
- Dog Parks. We think everyone has a dog in Minneapolis or at least it feels like it so it’s great that we have so many places to let them run. They’re also a really great place for Fido and his or her parents to make new friends.
- Proximity to downtown, uptown and the U of M. No matter where you want to be, what you want to see or do you can be there in 15 minutes.
- The arts. From murals to museums and galleries, our community is very creative.
- The people. Turns out there are just under 50 thousand people living in Southwest Minneapolis and the majority of them are pretty great. We’ve made so many friends over the years.
Today is January 2nd and we’re sitting at our desks rested from vacation and ready to start the new year. But before we get too far ahead of ourselves and too busy with work and life in general we’d like to stop and reflect on all that we have to be thankful for, 2018 was quite the year. Here are a few highlights:
- Matt was featured in the Top Agent Magazine for Minnesota. They wrote a lovely article highlighting his many years of experience and how growing up and working in Minneapolis his entire life has helped him succeed as a Realtor.
- Brian was named a Minneapolis Super Real Agent for 2018 by Twin Cities Business and the Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine (mspmag.com) for the second year in a row.
- Espen decided to take on a new role with the team while going back to school full time to pursue a career in Forestry and Natural Resource Management.
- Our team was nominated and came in second for the first ever Twin Cities Collective Best of 2018 awards.
- And finally we helped quite a lot of people achieve their real estate goals in 2018. To be exact we helped 29 people purchase their dream home while listing and selling 38 homes.
Thanks again for trusting us to help with all your real estate needs. We appreciate your business and your support.
Cheers to a happy and prosperous 2019!
Ah Summertime in Minneapolis. It really is the best time of the year. Maybe it’s because we’ve finally de-thawed and we can go outside without multiple layers of clothing and boots on. Oh the freedom of flip flops. And while many of us escape every weekend to the family cabin up north, a lot of us are left looking for fun activities to do closer to the city. Lucky for us there is no shortage of fun things to do. Here are our top 5.
- The lakes. It doesn’t matter if you want to relax on the beach, go for a swim, rent out a kayak or paddle boat our Minneapolis lakes offer something for everyone, including food. We love to walk around the lake and then enjoy a refreshing IPA for us and ice-cream for the kids. Our favorite places to go are SandCastle and Bread and Pickle.
- Outdoor concerts. There’s no shortage of places to go to see live music in Minneapolis. From Music in the Parks to the Basilica Block Party and the MN State Fair there’s something for everybody all summer long.
- Baseball. And we have two really great options right here in our beautiful cities, the MN Twins and the St. Paul Saints. The stadiums are beautiful and both offer free fireworks on Fridays after the game during the summer.
- The Minneapolis Sculpture Garden. It’s one of the largest urban sculpture parks in the country and home to the famous Spoon and Cherry.
- Visit one of the local Farmers Market. It turns out we have over 60 of them.
#summertime #minneapolis #mattengengroup #thingtodo #livinginmn
Today we pause and give thanks for our family and friends, the food on the table, the drinks in our hands, the roof over our head and for you our clients, who give us the opportunity to do the work we love.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a joyous time with family and friends.
#thanksgiving #mattengengroup #realtors #thankful
November is National Gratitude Month and like us, you may practice being thankful and kind all year long so to have a month dedicated to being grateful may seem kind of silly, but there seems to be a day and a month to celebrate everything so why not gratitude? Especially since practicing gratitude has been proven to make us happier less stressed people and I think we could all use a little more happiness and a little less stress. So here are the top 10 things I am grateful for not just today but all year long.
- My family. This includes my husband and two boys as well as my mom, dad, brothers, sisters, in-laws and cousins.
- My friends, I could not live this life without them.
- My home. It’s where my family gathers, it’s where fun happens, it’s where rest happens, to me it’s peace and security and I’m happy I have one.
- Books. I mostly read them for entertainment but every book I read teaches me something and I can not imagine a world without books.
- Food. I really don’t like to cook it but I sure do enjoy eating it, especially if someone else makes it.
- Wine. If you know me, you know this had to be on the list.
- Travel. I’m extremely lucky that I’ve had the opportunity to travel as much as I have. Like books, I mostly travel for entertainment but I learn something new every time I travel.
- Willow trees, baby ducks and the ocean.
- A healthy body.
- Work. Without it none of this is possible.
#nationalgratitudemonth #mattengengroup #realtor #thankful #grateful
We’re excited to make the list of the 2017 REAL Trends America’s Best Real Estate Agents. This list recognized the most productive U.S agents and teams by state based on closed transaction sides and sale volume.
#realtrends #realtors #team #remaxresults #mattengengroup
Congratulations Matt Engen and Brian Gallagher on being honored as a 2017 Best of Real Estate Professional! We’re proud of our team and their accomplishments.
#mattengengroup #mnrealtors #realtors
We hope you find the time to celebrate with friends and family and enjoy our favorite holiday.
Happy Birthday America!
#fireworks #4thofJuly #america #mattengengroup