If you follow us on Instagram it’s no secret, I have a thing for pretty houses, some would say I’m obsessed. Good thing Minneapolis has a lot of pretty houses to keep happy. Here are a few of my current faves.
Category Archives: Southwest Minneapolis
It’s no secret, we love to eat out. We also love to support the small businesses in our neighborhood. So I’m working our way through Southwest Minneapolis sharing our go to spots in each neighborhood. If you remember from my previous posts there are 9 different neighborhoods that make up Southwest Minneapolis. I started with our favorite Kingfield restaurants mostly because there are so many. But today I thought it was time to share our favorite Lynnhurst neighborhood restaurants. It’s a smaller list compared to Kingfield but I think you’ll agree, they’re both awesome.
Let’s start with George and the Dragon, this is our go to family neighborhood spot. Seriously we can’t go here without running in to at least a few people we know. It’s cozy and warm just like the staff and the food. The Ultimate Burger and the Asian Hangover are family favorites. Just be sure to call ahead because as I mentioned this really is a Lynnhurst neighborhood favorite and it fills up fast.
Next up is Terzo. Matt and I don’t typically bring the kids here mostly because we like to order a bottle of wine and sit at the bar. But we love it for some of the same reasons we love George and the Dragon. It’s cozy and warm and the staff is friendly and the food is so fantastic. Your dining experience always starts with a small bite, it’s a little bite of something spectacular on a spoon and I love it. It makes us happy and sets the tone for a wonderful dining experience.
We love living here and can’t wait to tell you why. But first a little history if you’re new to the area. The City of Minneapolis is divided into 11 communities, each containing multiple neighborhoods, with over 80 different and vibrant neighborhoods. There really is something for everyone.
9 of these neighborhoods make up Southwest Minneapolis. They are Kenny, Armatage, Fulton, Lynnhurst, Tangletown, Windom, King Field, East Harriet and Linden Hills. We live in the Kenny neighborhood and have for over 16 years.
We picked Minneapolis and our neighborhood for a variety of different reasons the first being the proximity to the Lakes and Minnehaha Creek. We love to be outside and having the Creek and the Lake within walking distance to enjoy on a daily basis is pure joy. For us and our dog.
That said our neighborhood also offers easy access to 35W and Hwy 62, which make it easy to get just about anywhere in the Twin Cities. A bonus for us as Realtors!
Next, we think our house is pretty awesome. I love how all the houses are different in Minneapolis. If you follow our Instagram account you can see why.
And finally Southwest Minneapolis is a hotbed for small, local and unique shops and restaurants. It’s probably our favorite part of living where we live. Small businesses are the backbone of our communities and we love to support them, because without them our neighborhoods would not be the same.
Not sure exactly which Minneapolis neighborhood you’re in, you can look it up here. http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/ncr/links/index.htm
#mattengengroup #minneapolisrealestate #realestateexperts #neighborhoodexperts #southwestminneapolis
- All the pretty houses. Tudors happen to be our favorite but there are so many amazing and different styles of homes in Southwest Minneapolis.
- The food scene here is amazing. Seriously it’s so good. We’re so lucky to have had multiple James Beard winners open restaurants in our neighborhoods.
- The cute shops. Looking for a unique pieces, something you just can’t find at Target, from Vintage to Modern there’s a store for you.
- Minnehaha Creek. Walk, run, bike or simply sit and enjoy the beautiful views. The Creek runs through the majority of the Southwest Minneapolis neighborhoods and brings much needed recreation and enjoyment for all ages.
- The Lakes; Nokomis, Harriet, Bde Maka Ska, Isles and Cedar. Each and every one is pretty awesome and unique in their own way. Enjoy a day at the beach, get some exercise, enjoy a concert or grab a quick bite to eat. The options are endless.
- The Rose and Peace Gardens. These gardens are so pretty. We love to wander around and look at all the pretty flowers but it’s also a great place to have a picnic or read a book. Just don’t forget your camera.
- Dog Parks. We think everyone has a dog in Minneapolis or at least it feels like it so it’s great that we have so many places to let them run. They’re also a really great place for Fido and his or her parents to make new friends.
- Proximity to downtown, uptown and the U of M. No matter where you want to be, what you want to see or do you can be there in 15 minutes.
- The arts. From murals to museums and galleries, our community is very creative.
- The people. Turns out there are just under 50 thousand people living in Southwest Minneapolis and the majority of them are pretty great. We’ve made so many friends over the years.