Between keeping your house clean for potential showings and all the shopping that needs to be done you may be wondering if you should decorate for the holidays. After all the work you just did to get your home ready is it worth it, would the stager approve? My answer is always yes and yes! Decorating for the holidays can add a touch of warmth and create a festive environment that potential buyers will enjoy, just be sure to follow these 5 tips and deck the halls!
- Clean first. Yes I know you just cleaned but when your home is listed for sale you can’t clean enough.
- Take inventory of what you have. Be mindful of your homes color palette. Use only what matches and forgo the rest. Too many decorations especially those that don’t match will be distracting.
- Figure out where you are going to place the tree, how much room do you really have? It may be a good year to buy a smaller tree, one that doesn’t take over the room or block entry or natural walk ways.
- If you have a fireplace be sure to hang the stockings with care and decorate the mantle. Some greenery and candles provide a gorgeous, natural touch that will highlight the natural focal point of the room and a highly desired selling feature.
- Go easy with the outside decorations, you may need to put away the blow up Santa and instead opt to put some greenery in your pots and a wreath on your door.
#holidaydecor #minneapolisrealestate #stagingyourhome