When you put a home on the market the pressure is on. Every showing counts. And while you may find it hard to believe buyers do reject potential homes due to reasons you would think or hope they could overlook, it happens. So for every showing no matter how tired of this whole process you are, it’s important to put your best foot forward.
- Remove or replace dying plants or flowers. Inside and outside. This is especially important as we change seasons in Minnesota. Do yourself a favor and replace your dying petunias with mums.
- Wash the dishes every day. Do not leave dirty dishes in your sink.
- Empty the garbage, you’d be surprised by how quickly that can start to smell.
- Do your laundry. Nobody wants to see or smell your dirty laundry, especially underwear, it makes everyone uncomfortable.
- Put down the toilet seat. Seriously. How many times do you need to hear this? And for that matter, I can’t believe I have to say it but please flush the toilet.
- Make your bed.
- Pick up, stash the daily newspaper in a drawer, fluff your pillows and fold that blanket.
- And if you have time, I know it’s a lot but sweep, swifter or vacuum.
A clean home really does send a positive message to potentials buyers. It says I have been taken care of, I have been loved and you will love me too.