Nothing says fall and cozy season at our house like Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup. It’s a family favorite and relatively easy to make. I found it years ago via Divas Can Cook, whose tag line is Southern Recipes that Anyone Can Make. Which is exactly what encouraged me to give it a try! I’m going to share the recipe here because we have made a few adjustments over the years for our particular taste but I also linked you to the original recipe above. Who knows maybe while you’re there you’ll find another new and easy recipe to try.
- 2-3 carrots, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 7 cups chicken broth
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 package of wide egg noodles
- 1 rotisserie chicken, removed from the bone
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large pot, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add carrots, onions and celery and saute until tender.
- Add in the chick broth and fresh parsley.
- Brig to a boil.
- Add in noodles and cook until noodles are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt butter.
- Stir in flour and whisk constantly.
- Slowly pour in milk and heavy cream.
- Bring to a light boil and continue to boil until sauce thickens. (Be sure to continue stirring.)
- Pour sauce into chicken noodle soup.
- Add chicken and mix until combined.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.