The kitchen is the heart of the home. So staging the kitchen is important. Help buyers fall in love with your kitchen by following these easy steps.
- Remove everything from your counters because counter space is what matters most in a kitchen. Everything and I mean everything must go. Once you have it all removed bring back in one or two decorative items, like flowers, a plant or a bowl of fresh fruit.
- Pack up all the extra dishes that are taking up valuable space in your cabinets. Throw away or donate any pots, pans, glasses, flatware or small appliances that you are not planning to take with you to your next house.
- Freshen up, clean and modernize your cabinets. Adding updated and modern hardware goes a long way.
- Clean your appliances and then clean them again. Nothing turns off a buyer more than dirty appliances. If you have stainless steel appliances you may want to refer back to a previous blog post I wrote on cleaning those.
- Remove all the magnets and notes from the fridge.
- Remove the boxes of cereal or whatever it is you store on top of the fridge.
- Scrub your walls and if they still look dirty you may need to consider a fresh coat of paint.
- Clean and organize your pantry, consider using a few decorative baskets.
- Empty all the trash cans. If your trash can usually sits next to the counter. Remove it and purchase a smaller one that can easily fit under the kitchen sink.
#kitchen #stagingthekitchen #stagingtips #mattengengroup